Here are some of the answers to our most common questions. If you need further assistance, please give our Customer Care Centre a call on 1800 809 143.
Who is Abey Australia?
We are an Australian Family-owned business with over 67 years of manufacturing experience. We manufacture our metal clipping and trade products in Cobblebank in western Victoria. We employee over 200 full and part time staff. We distribute throughout Australia and have warehouses in Victoria and Queensland.
Where can I purchase Abey product?
All leading plumbing and masonry suppliers throughout Australia.
Where can I get product test results?
The test results that are available are shown as a download on each product category or product within the website.
What are Corrosion Zones?
Any construction within a coastal area should incorporate corrosion resistant stainless steel ties and products. Abey has created a corrosion zone table to assist in working out which stainless steel product to purchase. This can be found in our Masonry/Brickies Guide.
What needs to be considered when ordering a brick tie?
- Brick veneer is rated as light or medium duty
- Second storey construction ties must be screw fixed
- The minimum rating or cavity construction is medium duty
- If your building project is in a coastal area or within one kilometre of an industrial area, make sure you only use 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel
- Control joints and openings – the vertical spacing are halved
- In veneer construction, masonry must be anchored to stud walls, framed at regular spacings and include gable ends.
How do I know if I have an Abey Clipping Product?
All our Clipping Products come with the Abey Stamp on them.
Where are McAlpine Products Manufactured?
Abey Australia is the distributor of McAlpine Plumbing Products. These are manufactured in Scotland and distributed throughout the world.